Antenatal classes are designed to help you deal with the routines and complications of late pregnancy, labour, birth, infancy and early parenthood. These classes give you a comprehensive insight into how you can deal with the changes in your life upon becoming a parent, and how you can do the best for your baby.
Some of the topics covered in antenatal classes are:
- How to stay fit and follow a healthy diet during pregnancy
- Exercises and staying active during pregnancy
- What the experiences of labour and birth are like
- How to cope with pain during labour and birth
- How to stay relaxed and stress-free during pregnancy
- Information on different kinds of deliveries
- How to care for your baby in the initial days
- How to stay healthy after giving birth
- Dealing with emotions during pregnancy and after the birth
These are also specialized antenatal classes for those who wish to seek more in-depth knowledge on any of these topics, and refresher classes for those who have already given birth before.
Antenatal classes can help you gain insight into the best and worst aspects of pregnancy and parenthood. Moreover, these classes equip with the requisite skills to deal with all kinds of situations that may arise during these phases of your life.
In the matters of pregnancy and parenthood, it’s always best to be prepared in every way possible.
Looking for a maternity hospital in Pune? Consult the best doctors at ONP Hospital, which is regarded as Pune’s best maternity hospital.
Antenatal classes are comprehensive, hands-on lessons to help you prepare for labour, birth and early parenthood. These classes often include components that focus on late pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Here’s an overview of what antenatal classes are all about and why you may want to attend them.