What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Gynecology (GYN) is a specialized field of medical science that deals with the wellness of the female reproductive organs, including vaginal, uterine, ovarian, and breast health. A gynecologist is an expert who takes care of your health from teenage to menopause.
Different conditions are treated in this department. Therefore, here is a brief about Gynecology, some conditions, diagnostic tests, and treatment care plans.
Everything You Need To Know About Gynecology
What is Gynaecology?
Gynecology is a specialized department in any hospital that looks after a female’s reproductive health. At ONP Hospitals, our gynecology department manages and treats various female health issues. A gynecologist takes care of all the women’s health issues from teenage to menopause while providing treatment for abnormal periods, early menopause, fibroids, endometriosis, infertility, etc.
When to visit Gynecologist?
Gynecologists are experts that specialize in women’s health. Moreover, they deal with obstetrics, pregnancy, childbirth, menstruation and reproductive disorders, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), hormone imbalances, and other issues. Additionally, many women begin seeing a gynecologist as early as adolescence and continue to visit a clinic for general health concerns. Ladies should see a gynecologist at least once a year for a checkup. Also, whenever they have symptoms that concern them.
If you’re experiencing unusual symptoms like vaginal bleeding or missed or heavy periods, see a doctor immediately. Additionally, talk to your doctor if you haven’t yet reached menopause but notice that your periods are heavier or if you’re noticing unusual bleeding between periods.
Things to remember before your visit
The purpose of the appointment and the individual’s circumstances decide what happens in a gynecologist’s clinic.
Therefore, it’s important to remember the following on every visit to the gynecologist:
- A frank explanation of your health concerns and lifestyle is needed because this will provide the gynecologist with a clearer view of your situation, allowing them to assist you better.
- A gynecological examination, which includes a pap smear, can be unpleasant but is rarely painful.
- The typical odor of the vagina is an entirely normal thing; anything apart from that is a problem. Hence, the gynecologist must be informed if it indicates an issue.
- You can still go if you have a period when the appointment is scheduled, although it may be better to reschedule.
- For two days before a gynecological checkup, avoid sexual activity use a vaginal douche or tampons.
Tests & procedures
Regular visits to a Gynecologist allow an individual to keep up on how to stay healthy and eliminate risk at each stage of life.
The following are examples of diagnostic tasks:
- Pap smear examinations are conducted, followed by urine and blood tests.
- Colposcopy, a microscopic inspection of the cervix endometrial biopsy, or obtaining a sample from the uterine lining hysteroscopy, Moreover, the use of an endoscope to see within the uterus.
- Screening, assessment, and guidance.
- A pelvic examination and a breast examination are done if required.
- A physical exam includes taking your vital signs, calculating your BMI, palpating your belly and inguinal lymph nodes, and assessing your overall health.
Conditions treated under Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Vaginosis Bacterial
- Ovary Lesions That Aren’t Cancerous
- Benign Lesions of the Vulvar
- Cervical Examination
- Colposcopy in Women with Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Implantation of Contraceptive Implants
- Pregnancy Loss in the First Trimester
- Ectopic Pregnancy Elective Abortion Ectopic Pregnancy Emergent Management
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Disorders of the Fallopian Tube
- Sexual Dysfunction in Women
- Imperforate Hymen in Gynecologic Pain
- Mood Disorders and Menopause
- Miscarriages e.
- Rupture of an Ovarian Cyst
- Ovarian Cysts
- Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome
- Endometrial lesions
- Vaginitis Vulvovaginitis Struma
Your healthcare professional may ask you about your symptoms, medical history, and menstrual history to identify your menstrual issue. Furthermore, they may perform blood tests, vaginal cultures, pelvic ultrasounds, and biopsy tests.
Menstrual problems treatment includes
- Hormone injections
- Medication for pain alleviation
Treatment for endometriosis
- Pain relievers
- Hormone injection
- Endometrial tissue is removed with minimally invasive surgery.
- Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that removes the uterus.
Treatment for PCOS
- Eating a nutritious diet, exercising, and keeping a healthy weight are all examples of lifestyle changes.
- Hormone-balancing medications
Uterine fibroids therapy
- Radiofrequency ablation
- Myomectomy via laparoscopy
- Hysterectomy and other traditional surgical procedures
- Surgery – Ovarian cysts can be removed with minimally invasive surgery.
- Hormone injections
- Medicines for osteoporosis prevention and treatment
Why choose ONP Hospital?
Every woman, and every gynecological problem, is unique. Therefore, our doctors collaborate with patients to give the most up-to-date tests and accurate diagnoses. Also, we’ll work with you to figure out the best course of action.
For example, a wait-and-see approach, symptom management, medication, or surgery may be used. Furthermore, depending on your situation, you may have various therapy options. Also, we give you as many options as possible to ensure the greatest possible outcome.
Our dedicated 24-hour gynecology and obstetrics emergency department is staffed with doctors 24 by 7 to handle unexpected, acute gynecological problems. We can help with vaginal abnormalities, pelvic pain, and pregnancy concerns.
Our gynecology services and treatments are tailored to each woman’s individual needs. Additionally, we provide comprehensive and patient-centered therapy in a pleasant and confidential setting. Hence our services are created to help women maintain their health today.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…