What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Worldwide, it’s believed that around 15% of couples who are actively trying to conceive are dealing with infertility. A variety of infertility concerns in men and women may be resolved thanks to improvements in Assisted Reproductive Technology.
You may learn more about your fertility and capacity to conceive with the aid of a complete male and female infertility evaluation panel. Better diagnostic judgments, individualized protocols, and an improved treatment experience are all made possible thanks to your comprehensive fertility examination and patient-focused therapy approach.
Everything You Need To Know About Infertility Assessment
What is an Infertility Assessment
Infertility is a couple’s inability to conceive after a year of regular, unprotected coitus, which occurs at least twice a week.
Tests to determine the underlying causes of infertility are included in infertility exams. Both you and your spouse should undergo infertility evaluation tests to determine whether or not you are having difficulty conceiving. If you or your spouse do not have any major health issues, infertility is usually treatable.
Who Needs It?
Infertility panels are indicated for couples who have been trying to conceive for over a year but have been unsuccessful so far. However, if the female spouse is above 35 years old, an infertility evaluation panel is advised after six months of unsuccessful attempts to conceive a child. Couples who have had endometriosis, ovulation difficulties, or have had cancer treatment in the past should also do this test to determine their chances of becoming pregnant. The fact that both men and women may have reproductive issues means that if one spouse is having difficulties becoming pregnant, both should be evaluated.
What Happens During It?
Most patients are required to have a full physical exam and a set of infertility tests after a first consultation to evaluate their medical history in detail. During this phase, your fertility expert will run a battery of blood and hormone testing to help determine the root reason for your infertility.
There are three primary methods of therapy when a diagnosis has been made:
- Re-establishment of fertility with medication (for example, the use of drugs for ovulation induction)
- Infertility restoration surgery (for example, laparoscopy for ablation of endometriosis)
- Assisted reproduction techniques (ART) – other than vaginal intercourse-related therapy. Gametes or embryos are routinely handled in this process.
Treatment Options for Infertility
The following are a few infertility treatment options:
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF) therapy: IVF, or In Vitro Fertilization, is a method of conception in which the eggs and sperm are combined outside the body for fertilization. It’s an IVF process done in a glass room (in vitro). You have to take out the egg (or eggs) and let them be fertilized in liquid while you wait for it to be fertilized by the sperm.
- Azoospermia Treatment: Men with azoospermia have no sperm in their ejaculate, which is a medical disease known as azoospermia. It affects 15% of all males, while only 1% of infertile men are afflicted by this condition. Hormonal imbalances, blockages in the reproductive system, testicular dysfunction, and difficulties with ejaculation may all cause this.
- Follicular study: When the doctor monitors the development of this follicle from the beginning of the menstrual cycle until it is ready to release an egg, it is known as a follicular study or follicular monitoring.
- Ovulation induction: Ovulation induction is a quick fix that involves taking hormone medications to get your cycle back on track.
- ICSI: Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection, often known as ICSI, is a popular and effective therapy for male infertility in the United States. Also, couples who failed to conceive through IVF might use this technique.
- IMSI: IMSI, or Intracytoplasmic morphologically selected injection, is a treatment that is done in conjunction with IVF. It gives physicians the ability to distinguish between changes in sperm structure and rule them out. During the injection into the egg, doctors use a high-magnification digital imaging microscope to execute this process.
When to Visit a Specialist?
If you have any of the following symptoms, you should see a doctor:
- Unexplained infertility (no identified male or female cause)
- Ovulatory disorders
- Infertility in men is caused by tubal injury
- Uterine or peritoneal disorders
In the absence of a recognized reason for infertility, a woman of reproductive age who has not conceived after one year of unprotected vaginal sexual intercourse should be provided additional clinical screening and study.
Women of reproductive age who use artificial insemination (with partner or donor sperm) who do not get pregnant after six cycles of treatment, in the absence of any recognized cause for infertility, should have further clinical examinations and inquiries made. This should involve her spouse for clinical evaluation and inquiry if it’s done using partner sperm.
Couples who are experiencing primary infertility have never become pregnant. Secondary infertility is a diagnosis given to a couple who has already had one successful pregnancy, either an abortion or an ectopic conception.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…