What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Intrauterine insemination (IUI), which is a kind of artificial insemination, is a method used to treat infertility in women. As soon as your ovary begins to release one or more eggs for fertilization, sperm is cleaned and purified before being injected directly into your uterus to begin the process of conception and pregnancy.
During intrauterine insemination, the goal is for the sperm to enter into the fallopian tube and fertilize an egg that has been waiting for fertilization, resulting in a pregnancy. IUI may be performed in conjunction with your natural cycle or conjunction with fertility medicines, depending on the cause of infertility.
Everything You Need To Know About Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
What is IUI?
A simple treatment, known as intrauterine insemination (IUI) places healthy sperm straight into your uterus, allowing them to move closer to your egg. The success of IUI is dependent on several variables. Overall success rate is 10% per cycle. These percentages vary based on factors like a woman’s age, the cause of her infertility, and whether or not fertility medicines were utilized, among other things.
Donor insemination, alternative insemination, and artificial insemination are other types of IUI. As you’re ovulating, sperm cells are immediately injected into your uterus. This helps the sperm reach your egg more quickly. This reduces the amount of time and distance sperm must travel to fertilize your egg, making the process faster and simpler.
You may take ovulation-stimulating fertility medications before the insemination process. A donor or your partner’s sperm is used. It undergoes a procedure known as “sperm washing” to extract the most healthy sperm possible from the semen.
Afterward, your doctor will implant the sperm directly into your uterus with or without ultrasound guidance. This occurs when sperm fertilizes an egg, and the resulting fetus grows in your uterus after the fertilized egg has been implanted.
Simple and low-tech, IUI is also less costly than other kinds of reproductive treatments. IUIs may be. It improves your chances of becoming pregnant, but since every woman’s biology is different, there is no way to know whether IUI will be successful in your particular cycle.
Who Needs It?
The likelihood of a couple becoming pregnant is very variable. It is more common to utilize intrauterine insemination when a couple has:
- Donor sperm: IUI is the most popular method of becoming pregnant for women who require donor sperm. Specimens of donor sperm(not husband’s) are collected from accredited laboratories and thawed before IUI using frozen sperm received from donors.
- Unexplained infertility: In combination with ovulation-inducing drugs, IUI is often used as a first therapy for infertility for no apparent reason.
- Endometriosis-related infertility: Endometriosis-related infertility is often treated with fertility drugs and IUI to get a healthy egg.
- Mild male factor infertility (subfertility): If your partner’s sperm analysis, which is the first stage in diagnosing infertility, reveals low sperm concentration, sluggish sperm movement (motility), or aberrant sperm size and shape (morphology), you should see your partner’s doctor immediately. The preparation of sperm for the treatment helps distinguish highly motile, normal and high-quality sperm from those of poorer quality, therefore IUI may address some of these issues.
- Cervical factor infertility: The entrance between your vagina and uterus is provided by your cervix, which is located at the uterus’ lower end. Ovulation-related mucus secreted by the cervix provides sperm with a perfect environment for their journey from the vagina to the fallopian tubes. However, excessive cervical mucus might obstruct sperm movement. Another factor that might hinder the sperm from accessing the egg is an abnormally narrow cervix. The cervix might thicken as a result of scarring from operations such as biopsies or other diagnostic tests. Because IUI skips the cervix entirely, it puts more sperm in your uterus, improving the odds of having enough sperm to meet your egg.
- Ovulatory factor infertility: Women experiencing infertility due to ovulation issues, such as a lack of ovulation or a decreased quantity of eggs, may also benefit from IUI.
- Semen allergy: Allergies to antigens in sperm may induce infertility in certain women, however, this happens quite rarely. When sperm is ejected into the vagina, it produces irritation, redness, burning, and edoema. A condom not only protects you from the symptoms but also helps prevent conception in the first place. Because many of the proteins in semen are eliminated before the sperm is injected, IUI may be an option if your sensitivity is extreme.
For many women and couples who are attempting to become pregnant, intrauterine insemination is a great alternative because of its minimal risk. Consult your OB-GYN and fertility expert if you’ve had trouble conceiving or have concerns about your conception alternatives. Depending on your medical history, your doctor may recommend IUI as a viable option to help you get pregnant.
Worldwide, it’s believed that around 15% of couples who are actively trying to conceive are dealing with infertility.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF)
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is an advanced reproductive technique that aids infertility, genetic issues, and childbirth.
In layman’s terms, azoospermia means no sperm while oligozoospermia means not many sperms.
Being parents adds joy to the lives of many couples. However, while it is easy for some to become parents, for some others, it can be complicated.
Ovulation is a crucial step in the menstrual cycle of women. The ovary releases a mature egg that reaches the uterus through fallopian tubes.
IVF (Intracytoplasmic Fertilization and Sterilization) is a highly sophisticated reproductive method that takes place in an embryology lab…
When used in IVF therapy, Intracytoplasmic Morphologically Selected Sperm Injection (IMSI) is a procedure that involves the…
As a diagnostic technique, genetic screening may identify people who are at an increased risk of developing a certain condition or who have the…
Stem Cell in IVF
Stem cells are seen as the basic building blocks of the human body. When certain conditions are met, they may produce more useful cells.
CASA, also known as Computer Assisted Semen analysis, is referred to as high-end sophisticated electronics imaging systems to witness the…
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Shraddha Kulkarni Shukla
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
How to Make IVF Successful the First Time? Here Are 6 Ways to Boost Your Chances of Conceiving !
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
Tips to manage weight during festivities
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An Annual Checkup is Important For Your Whole Health.
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Dr. Amita Phadnis’s Full Speech on Survival & Health Rights at UNICEF India.
Dr. Amita Phadnis ,M.D., Gave a Motivating Speech
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
What is AMH
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
Pregnancy and Migraine Headaches: What Women Need to Know
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
What Is the Problem of Orthopedics in Children?
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
All You Need to Know About Reproduction
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…