What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Having breast cancer is a condition that causes breast cells to proliferate uncontrollably. Breast cancer comes in a variety of forms, each of which has a distinct prognosis. The type of breast cancer is determined by which breast cells become cancerous.
Various areas of the breast may be affected by breast cancer. Lobules, connective tissue, and ducts, are the three primary components of a breast. To make milk, a woman must have one or more lobules in her body. There are ducts in the nipple that transport milk to and from the udders. It’s all held together by the connective tissue, which is made up of both fibrous and fat tissue. Usually, breast cancers originate in the lobules of the breast.
Blood or lymph veins may be used to transfer breast cancer to other parts of the body. Breast cancer is considered to have metastasized whenever it moves to other regions of the body.
Everything You Need To Know About Breast Cancer
Causes and Risk Factors
Breast cancer is caused by abnormal growth of breast cells, according to doctors. These cells multiply at a far faster rate than healthy cells, generating a bulge or bulk. Your nodules or other regions of your body may get infected by cancerous cells that spread throughout your breast.
Tumors in the milk-producing channels of the breast are the most common source of breast cancer (invasive ductal carcinoma). Invasive lobular carcinoma (ILC) and other forms of breast cancer could also arise in the granulation tissue known as lobules.
Several variables, including hormonal, behavioral, and external conditions, have been linked to an increased chance of breast cancer. There’s no obvious answer as to why some individuals who seem to have no health risks acquire cancer, while others who possess risk factors do not. Both genetic composition and your surroundings are likely to have a role in your risk of developing breast cancer.
A risk factor for breast cancer is something that increases your chances of developing the disease. A risk factor for breast cancer doesn’t definitely guarantee that you’ll get the disease. In many cases, there are no established risk factors for breast cancer in females other than just being females.
Breast cancer is linked to a number of factors, including:
- A woman’s condition – Breast cancer is more common in women than in males
- Age-Increase in age as you become older, your chances of developing breast cancer go up
- History of breast problems from a personal perspective – It’s important to know whether or not you’ve been diagnosed with lobular carcinoma in situ (LCIS) or abnormal breast hyperplasia
- Background of breast cancer in the family – One breast cancer increases the likelihood that the other may acquire cancer as well
- Breast cancer has a strong familial history – For women who have a mother, sister, or daughter who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer, the chance of developing the disease increases. Despite this, the vast bulk of breast cancer patients have no family background of the illness
- Genes that raise the risk of cancer – The risk of developing breast cancer may be passed down from parents to their children via certain gene abnormalities. BRCA1 and BRCA2 are two of the most common gene mutations. However, these genes may raise your chance of breast cancer as well as other malignancies, but they don’t guarantee that you’ll get cancer
Breast cancer may manifest itself in a variety of ways, including the following symptoms:
- A lump or swelling in the breast that looks different from usual tissue should be investigated
- Breasts might change in size, form, or aspect as a result of pregnancy
- Dimpling, for example, is an alteration in the skin around the breast
- A nipple that has recently been inverted
- An region of skin pigment around one’s nipple (areola) or on the breast skin that is flaking, scabbing, or peeling
- Like with the surface of an orange, you may see redness or crack on the skin above your breast.
Breast cancer treatment options vary. It varies on the kind and extent of cancer. Breast cancer patients typically get many treatments.
- Surgery – A procedure to remove cancerous tissue.
- Chemotherapy – Using drugs to shrink or destroy cancer cells. The meds may be either orally or injected into your veins.
- Hormone replacement – Prevents cancer cells from acquiring necessary hormones.
- Biotherapy – Aids the immune system in fighting cancer cells or controlling bad impacts from other cancer therapies.
- Radiotherapy – Using X-ray-like high-energy beams to destroy cancer cells.
Moreover, it might be difficult to choose which therapy is best for you. Discuss the therapy choices open to you with your oncologist based on the specific kind and tumor stage you have. Each therapy has its own risks and advantages, as well as its own adverse effects, which your doctor may discuss with you.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…