What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
OverviewThe process of giving birth is taxing on the body and may be uncomfortable. Uncomfortability levels vary from woman to woman, as well as across pregnancies. Many women choose for an unmedicated delivery, while others opt for medicine or anesthetic to make the experience more comfortable.
Everything You Need To Know About Delivery
What is pregnancy labor and delivery?
There are several definitions of labor that have been offered by different writers. When it happens after the age of viability and is linked with cervical dilatation and effacement along with the descent of the presenting part, it may be considered the commencement of painful and palpable uterine contractions that culminate in vaginal expulsion of the conceived product(s).
Retrospective evidence shows that normal labor begins spontaneously at term, involves a singleton pregnancy, has no difficulties, and lasts no more than 20 hours, and ends with minimum assistance. The labor process becomes abnormal if any of these traits are altered.
A fetus and placenta are delivered when they are expelled to the outer world. A fetus is considered viable if its extrauterine life is achievable in a particular environment for a length of time after its gestational age or fetal weight has been determined. To date, most of West Africa takes this to be 28 weeks or 1 kilogram, while in other areas of the globe, it’s as low as 20 weeks or 500 g. Vaginal birth (either spontaneous or aided) and cesarean delivery both have their advantages.
Types of pregnancy deliveries
A lot will depend on how far along you are when you go into labor as to what method your doctor will employ. The following are examples of assisted delivery procedures:
- Normal delivery: Normal Delivery is the same as giving birth naturally via the vaginal canal, without the need for any surgical instruments. Most women choose a natural birth because it helps their bodies to heal faster.
- Cesarean section: When vaginal birth isn’t an option, doctors will perform a cesarean section or c-section. This treatment involves making surgical incisions in the abdomen and uterus to deliver the baby.
- Painless: The ‘Epidural analgesia’ or ‘painless birth’ option is only available for typical deliveries. The use of localized anesthetic during natural labor may assist ensure a pain-free birth. An injection in the lower back will be used by the doctor to deliver epidural anesthesia.
- Forceps delivery: During a forceps delivery, the doctor inserts two big spoon-shaped forceps into the vagina and wraps them around the baby’s head. As soon as the forceps are ready, the doctor gently delivers the baby’s head through the vagina using them. Normal delivery is used to deliver the remainder of the baby.
- Vacuum extraction: A vacuum extractor, which resembles a little suction cup and is used to assist in the delivery of the baby, is attached to the baby’s head during delivery. The mother’s contractions work in tandem to assist produce a vacuum in the delivery canal, which helps to draw the baby down. The baby’s skull may be bruised by the pump, but this usually goes away within 48 hours.
When to See a Doctor?
If you have any of the following signs or symptoms while pregnant, you should contact your doctor right once.
- Cramps or severe lower abdominal discomfort with heavy bleeding is a common occurrence.
- Lower abdomen discomfort that won’t go away, whether it’s in the middle or on either side, even if there isn’t any bleeding.
- Urination may be low or absent for the whole day due to an abrupt rise in thirst and reduced or absent urination.
- Chills, a high temperature of more than 101 degrees Fahrenheit, and/or backache may accompany painful or burning urine.
- Fever more than or equal to 101 degrees Fahrenheit
- Rapid and severe swelling of hands, cheeks, and eyes with headache, visual problems, or abrupt and considerable weight gain unrelated to food. Symptoms may include all or part of these.
- The presence of visual problems includes blurring, fading, or double vision that lasts for an extended period.
- Nothing less than ten movements in the two hours after consuming a snack or fruit juice while counting kicks after 28 weeks of pregnancy. A lack of activity may be a warning sign needing immediate attention even when anything is not necessarily wrong.
- Suicidal thoughts or plans to hurt yourself or your child.
Labour and delivery are the culmination of pregnancy, and the mechanism for triggering labor in humans is yet unknown. However, the events that set the process in motion are disputed. A partograph may detect issues in all three phases of labor. All specialists participating in the procedure must have an understanding of labor, delivery, and management. Mismanagement or delayed diagnosis and action may result in unnecessary morbidity and death to the mother, infant, or both.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Shraddha Kulkarni Shukla
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
How to Make IVF Successful the First Time? Here Are 6 Ways to Boost Your Chances of Conceiving !
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
Tips to manage weight during festivities
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An Annual Checkup is Important For Your Whole Health.
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Dr. Amita Phadnis’s Full Speech on Survival & Health Rights at UNICEF India.
Dr. Amita Phadnis ,M.D., Gave a Motivating Speech
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
What is AMH
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
Pregnancy and Migraine Headaches: What Women Need to Know
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
What Is the Problem of Orthopedics in Children?
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
All You Need to Know About Reproduction
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…