What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Urinary Incontinence is a common problem that affects several people and is highly common in nature as well. According to the American Urological Association, quarter- one-third of men and women are affected by this problem in the United States. This condition is furthermore common among women compared to that of men. An estimated 30% of females from the age group of 30-60 are thought to suffer from this, whereas in men it is about 1.5-5%.
Everything You Need To Know About Urinary Incontinence
What is it?
Urinary Incontinence is the involuntary leakage f urine that occurs when the urethra and the bladder refuse to hold the urine and further causes leakage. The urethra is the tube that is present in the lower abdomen and also helps to carry the urine from the bladder for extraction. In this situation, you might get a cntin0ous leakage or might be able to hold the urine for a single second.
Furthermore, according to the Urology Care Foundation, millions of adults in the United States experience these problems. Also, in another report from Johns Hopkins Medicine, it is found that it is more common in women who are above 50 years but can also affect anyone.
Urinary Incontinence can take place due to several reasons, for instance, urinary tract infections, constipation, irritation, or vaginal infection. There are several medicines as well that can lead to problems in the bladder however, it lasts for a short time.
Temporary Urinary Incontinence
- Artificial sweeteners
- Chili peppers
- Large Vitamin C dosage
- Carbonated drinks including sparkling waters
The incontinence that lasts for a longer time can be caused by the following reasons:
- Weak pelvic floor muscles
- Weak bladder muscles
- Overactive bladder muscles
- Damage to the nerves that take care of the bladder from other diseases including diabetes, multiple sclerosis, or Parkinson’s diseases.
- Diseases like arthritis may make it difficult to get to the bathroom in time.
- Pelvic organ prolapse is the situation when the pelvic organs including the bladder, uterus, and rectum move out from their normal place and try to come out into the vagina. When pelvic organs are out of their original place then the urethra and bladder start malfunctioning, which results in such conditions including other conditions.
Furthermore, most inconsistence in men is related to the prostate gland, and further conditions cause it to happen:
- Injury or damage to the nerves or muscles that occurs due to surgery
- Prostatitis, which is the painful inflammation of the prostate gland.
- Enlarged size of the prostate gland also can lead to Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH). It is a condition where the prostate grows with the age.
This problem can be understood when a person starts to feel a minor leak in the urine. Other persons may lose a moderate to large amount of urine from the beginning or with the due course of time.
The several symptoms provided by the Urine Incontinence include the following:
- Stress Incontinence- This further takes place during the activities such as laughing, sneezing, exercising, or coughing.
- Overflow Incontinence- This normally takes place when the bladder does not empty itself and the volume of the urine preset in their gets exceeded more than its capacity and further forms the dribbling.
- Urges Incontinence- This takes place in the form of a strong, sudden need to urinate. When the bladder refuses to hold the urine it makes a continuous squeezing over that area. In this case, you will not get enough time to hold the urine, and further you have to immediately visit the bathroom.
- Functional Incontinence- The physical and mental impairment forces you to not perform urination right on time. Arthritis patients are a big example of this.
- Mixed Incontinence- Apart from this there is another type called mixed incontinence it happens when both the urge and stress types of this occurs at the same time.
To treat Urinary Incontinence several treatment methods are further available that includes the following:
The Kegal exercise helps to control the pelvic floor and also strengthens the urinary sphincter, along with the muscles, that further help to control urination.
This helps the patients to slowly regain control over the bladder, further, some of this includes:
- Double voiding- It includes urinating for a couple of minutes and again continuing the process.
- Delaying the event- It helps to control the urge and helps patients to hold the urge to urinate for some time.
- Toilet timetable- It is the process of creating a timetable to opt for urination.
Some medicines that can deal with these problems include:
- Imipramine or Tofranil, which is an antidepressant.
- Anticholinergics that calm down bladders and help from urge incontinence.
- Estrogen brings reinforcement to tissue.
The medical devices used in such case further includes-
- Bulking agents
- Urethral inserts
- Sacral nerve stimulator
- Radiofrequency therapy
- Botox (botulinum toxin type A)
The surgical process used in this treatment include-
- Sling process
- Artificial sphincter
Urinary incontinence is thus a common problem, especially for old-aged women. This needs the right amount of treatment or can turn into something big. A good consultation with the doctor can help individuals to have a further idea. You can visit a urologist physician for problems of urinary incontinence.
The foreskin is a covering of tissue that covers the tip of a boy’s penis when he is born. Circumcision is the surgical removal of a person’s foreskin…
A hydrocele is a fluid-filled sac in the testicles. It’s referred to as Normal Scrotal Physiology (left). Hydrocele and Scrotal Physiology (right).
A kidney stone can be defined as a hard object that is commonly found inside the kidney and is formed due to the chemicals and urines.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Shraddha Kulkarni Shukla
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
How to Make IVF Successful the First Time? Here Are 6 Ways to Boost Your Chances of Conceiving !
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
Tips to manage weight during festivities
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An Annual Checkup is Important For Your Whole Health.
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Dr. Amita Phadnis’s Full Speech on Survival & Health Rights at UNICEF India.
Dr. Amita Phadnis ,M.D., Gave a Motivating Speech
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
What is AMH
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
Pregnancy and Migraine Headaches: What Women Need to Know
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
What Is the Problem of Orthopedics in Children?
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
All You Need to Know About Reproduction
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…