What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Normal delivery, also known as vaginal delivery, is the most common type of delivery worldwide. According to Wikipedia, a vaginal delivery is the birth of a baby through the vagina.
Everything You Need To Know About Normal Delivery
Normal delivery, often known as vaginal birth, has many phases, including:
First Stage: Labour and effacement of the cervix
Contractions help dilate, soften, and stretch the cervix so that the baby may be born during the initial stage of normal birth. A woman’s first birth may take up to 13 hours, whereas successive deliveries take roughly 7-8 hours longer.
The first stage is divided into three parts:
- The woman becomes aware of the 3 to 5-minute intervals between contractions.
- The cervix may expand by up to four centimeters during this period.
- Early labor might be spent at home by the mother. To be on the safe side, notify the doctor.
- When the contractions grow more intense and frequent, the woman enters the active phase of labor.
- They happen every 3-4 minutes or so, and each one lasts about a minute or so.
- The cervix expands by 7 centimeters during labor. For the sake of the mother’s health, the birth must take place in a medical facility.
- During this stage of labor, the water breaks. After then, contractions intensify.
- This is the most painful part of the pregnancy since the cervix has expanded to its maximum size of roughly 10 centimeters. Contractions that are painful and last 60-90 seconds continue to occur every 2-3 minutes.
Second Stage: Pushing and giving birth to a child
- After the cervix has fully dilated, women enter this stage. The baby is being pushed out of the delivery canal headfirst because of the continued intensity of the contractions. Every time a contraction occurs, the woman is instructed to push more and harder, which might leave her exhausted. As the baby comes out, she may also feel a lot of discomfort in the area surrounding the vaginal entrance. There may be a decision to perform an episiotomy (women’s hysterectomy) to increase the size of the vaginal opening to help the baby come out. The woman will have to keep pushing until the baby is out.
Third Stage: Placenta Is Pushed Out
- Afterbirth is the last step of normal delivery, during which the whole placenta is pushed through the uterine canal and delivered to the mother. After the baby is born, the placenta might be delivered anywhere from a few minutes to an hour later. Massage the lower abdomen to help the process forward.
The following are some of the reasons why giving birth naturally is preferable to any other method:
- Better for both mother and child’s health: The initial connections a youngster makes with the outside world occur during the first few minutes spent with his or her mother. It’s comforting for the newborn to have his or her mother’s voice and arms to lean on after the trauma of the world outside the womb. When a kid is born naturally, it is placed in the mother’s arms practically immediately. As a result, bonding occurs immediately.
- Stimulates the production of milk: During labor and delivery, the body’s natural hormone systems are stimulated by the natural process of childbirth. The mothering hormone, prolactin, as well as oxytocin, endorphins, adrenaline, and noradrenaline, are all released at this period.
- Ingestion of Protective Bacteria from Birth Canal: During pregnancy, the flora of the vaginal cavity changes. Birth canal bacteria help children develop a stronger immune system and better digest milk and solid meals. This helps children grow up to be healthier adults. A person’s microbiota is created during childbirth, and the vaginal microbiome plays an important part in that development.
- Improved Postnatal Recovery: The natural method, as opposed to a medicinal one, helps the woman to recuperate swiftly following childbirth. The body has a regenerative process that needs its time to complete to get the body back on track. In medical procedures, the risk of infection is increased because of the longer time it takes to fix something that was not natural in the first place.
When to Visit the Hospital?
You should go to the hospital if your contractions are 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute, and continuing for 1 hour or more. Contractions that are weak and brief may indicate that you’re in the early stages of labor. Long-term, being at home, resting, and allowing your body to evolve, may help you give birth vaginally.
Normal delivery is safe for young, healthy women. Normal delivery is indicated by an active lifestyle, normal blood pressure, and a well-positioned fetus. This is when you should choose a standard delivery method.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…