What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35% to 40%. While in some developed countries like Spain; it hovers around the upper limit; it...
Pediatric surgery is a medical specialty that focuses on the surgical treatment of children and adolescents, including babies and children under the age of one. Pediatric surgeons are the medical professionals in charge of carrying out these treatments after developing a pre-operative plan based on the results of the patient’s physical examination. The operation may be classified into various distinct areas of competence depending on who is doing it.
General, gynecological, urological, and cardiothoracic surgery are among the procedures available. Prenatal surgery is a new specialty within this profession that is rapidly growing in popularity. Pediatric surgery is a necessary and distinct specialty because there are substantial disparities between the physiological and psychological aspects of the pediatric population and the adult population in terms of growth and development
Everything You Need To Know About Pediatric Surgery
What Does a Pediatric Surgeon Do?
Adult patients are different from children. Doctors may have a difficult time communicating with patients when they are unable to adequately express what is happening to them. Their age will determine if they are aware of what is taking on.
Pediatric surgeons are adept at putting children at ease and communicating effectively with them. Diagnostics and post-operative care are also responsibilities of pediatric surgeons. Each of the four primary forms of care that they provide may be specialized in:
- Pediatric oncology
Types of Pediatric Surgery
There are a variety of surgical treatments available to address pediatric diseases in children ranging from infants to teenagers. The sorts of surgeries carried out by the specialists in pediatric surgery include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Abdominal wall surgery: To address a variety of juvenile abdominal wall abnormalities, including gastroschisis and omphalocele
- Airway and respiratory surgery: To treat foreign substances in the airway and esophagus, congenital lobar emphysema, and other conditions
- Bowel surgery: It is used to treat a variety of intestinal diseases in children, including Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Cancer and tumor surgery: For the treatment and removal of a variety of common and unusual pediatric malignancies such as liver tumors, Wilms’ tumor, neuroblastoma, and others
- Chest wall surgery: Used to treat chest wall malformations such as pectus excavatum and pectus carinatum, among others
- Gastrointestinal surgery: Treating a variety of pediatric gastrointestinal diseases that may be congenital (acquired at birth), as well as conditions affecting the esophagus, stomach, small intestine (colon), liver, gallbladder, and pancreas that may be congenital or acquired later in life.
- Genitourinary surgery: To provide treatment for a variety of pediatric diseases involving the urinary system and the reproductive system
- Liver and biliary tract surgery: Used to treat a wide range of pediatric liver and biliary tract problems, including biliary atresia, choledochal cyst, and other issues
- Lymph node surgery: It is used to treat disorders involving the lymph nodes, bean-shaped structures that may be located beneath each armpit and in the groin area, as well as in the neck, chest, and abdomen, and that serve to filter lymph fluid as it flows throughout the body.
- Minimally invasive surgery: Standard techniques are used wherever practical and suitable, with little scarring and the shortest possible recovery time achieved by the use of incisions that are far smaller than those used in laparoscopic and thoracoscopy procedures.
- Neonatal surgery: A kind of surgery done on neonates to treat a variety of acquired or congenital disorders
- Ovary surgery: Ovarian tumors, cysts, and torsion are all disorders that may affect the ovaries, and this medication can help treat them.
- Spleen surgery: Various pediatric spleen disorders, including splenomegaly, may be treated with this medication
- Thoracic surgery: Treatment of airway, lung, esophageal, diaphragmatic, and chest wall diseases in children.
- Trauma surgery: Treatment for patients suffering from pediatric trauma who have sustained catastrophic injuries, perhaps including burns
- Vascular surgery: To address pediatric disorders involving the blood vessels in the body (arteries, veins, and capillaries)
Conditions that Need it
The following are examples of common pediatric disorders that may need pediatric surgery:
- Congenital malformations: lymphangioma, cleft lip and palate, esophageal atresia and tracheoesophageal fistula, hypertrophic pyloric stenosis, intestinal atresia, necrotizing enterocolitis, meconium plugs, Hirschsprung’s disease, imperforate anus, undescended testes, intestinal malrotation, and intestinal Malrotation.
- Abdominal wall defects: omphalocele, gastroschisis, hernias
- Chest wall deformities: pectus excavatum
- Childhood tumors: Neuroblastoma, Wilms’ tumor, rhabdomyosarcoma, ATRT, liver tumors, teratomas, kidney tumors, and other cancers
- Conjoined twins are separated from one another
When to See a Doctor?
Children and teenagers may need to visit a pediatric surgeon for a variety of reasons, including:
- Problems they’ve had since birth (congenital)
- The removal of a tumor or malignancy.
- To examine the digestive system, a colonoscopy or endoscopy is performed
Our pediatric surgery team provides treatment for children from the time they are born until they reach late adolescence. We have chosen to make pediatric care the focal point of our medical practice, and we have studied the specific characteristics of medical and surgical treatment for children via extensive training and hands-on experience in the field.
Pediatrics is a specialty of medicine that is concerned with the health and medical treatment of babies, children, and adolescents from their birth until they reach the age of eighteen years.
What Patient has to say about us
People heavily rely on reviews from other patients when choosing a healthcare provider
We had an excellent experience at Oyster & Pearl hospital. We were here for emergency baby delivery and after that NICU for baby. Both deliveries for the mother and NICU for the kid were so delicately taken care of that by god's grace everything went well. Dr. Amita, Dr. Nivedita, Resident doctor staff, nursing staff, administration (Akash), cashless facility (TPA) dept everyone's efforts are well appreciated! Recommended.
Best paediatric hospital in Pune. Dr Amita Phadnis is the best paediatric doctor in Pune. The entire staff is the best and supportive. Also, sister Merry is very polite and supportive. Thank you.
Best Maternity hospital around the corner for Pimple Saudagar and nearby residents. Superb management and helpful staff always available for our service. Easy admission and discharge with well experienced staff. Highly recommended!!
ONP Rahatani, is an excellent hospital in Pimple Saudagar. Went there for my delivery. Doctors are really humble and ready to resolve all doubts. Staff is very polite and cooperative. Admin support was exceptional in all matters from the date of admission to discharge. The atmosphere of hospital was fresh, clean and positive. Hospital was well organised and everyone working in the hospital treats its patients with respect and dignity. highly recommend this hospital.
ONP Leela hospital is best gynecology hospital in pimple saudagar, hospital is well organized and treats patients with dignity and respect. The staff is warm and caring. I would recommend this to all those in need of treatment.
I am very happy with the services provided by ONP hospitals best IVF and Maternity hospital. I am also thankful to all the doctors and staff members who supported us throughout the entire process. Special thanks to Dr. Avinash for guidance and encouragement.
Dr Abhijeet Wahegaonkar is a God in orthopaedics with an excellent team ! ONP had Superb management with a caring approach. From admission till discharge, fantastic service.
Took vaccine here on 7th June. Everything is well managed and the staff is also good. Enough two wheeler parking space. The whole process of vaccination took 45 mins. Thank you team.
It is the best IVF hospital in Pune. All the staff are very polite. Food quality is very good. Feeling happy and satisfied. Good service. Thank you so much to every doctor and every nurse.
The services and hospitality are appreciated. The nurses were available on call and very cooperative.Overall satisfied with the food quality, environment and services. Thank you.
Meet Our Team of Experts
20+ Years Experience
Dr. Pranav Jadhav
MBBS, MCh-Pediatric Surgery, MS-General Surgery
16+ Years Experience
Dr. Jayesh Desale
MBBS, MCh-Pediatric Surgery, MS-General Surgery
15+ Years Experience
Dr. Vivek Sodhai
MBBS, MS-Ortho,Fellowship in Pediatric Orthopedics (Pune), IFICS International Fellowship (Pediatric Trauma)
10+ Years Experience
Dr. Rahul Jahagirdar
7+ Years Experience
Dr. Liza Bulsara
Pediatric Hematologist Oncologist
MBBS MD-Paediatrics FIAP-PHO
15+ Years Experience
Dr. Ashvini Phadnis
MDS - Paedodontics And Preventive Dentistry, BDS
What is IVF Success Rate ? If one opts for IVF for the first time; the most important thing to know is the success rate of an IVF procedure. Around the world it varies from 35%...
As we all know that Indian festivals are incomplete without sweets and it is a common for to all of us to get stressed and confused about - “should we eat” or “ not or how much...
An annual checkup is important for your whole health. Even if you’re feeling healthy and tempted to skip this year’s exam, a checkup provides an opportunity for you to connect...
Breast cancer is cancer that forms in breast cells. Women are mostly diagnosed with this cancer. Although it can be seen in both men and women
The granulosa cells in your ovarian follicles create the anti-Mullerian hormone, often known as AMH. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG), the generation of AMH is a reflection of your ovarian reserve.
When you are pregnant or breastfeeding, then you should be aware that migraine headaches are a normal part of the journey. Pregnant women might feel headaches owing to...
While orthopaedic problems are commonly seen in and associated with the elderly, it’s important to be alert regarding the fact that they can afflict young people and children as well.
Most science students have to study about reproduction in their high school syllabus, and some learn from their parents, who may discuss it even earlier. It’s a very good thing to know about our own bodies…